› Web Policy Disclaimer
Web Policy DisclaimerVWWP Web Policy Disclaimer
– The Virginia Wounded Warrior Program (VWWP) website may contain links to or data from other, non-state websites. When linking to another site, the VWWP privacy components of this policy do not apply. VWWP does not endorse any products or services linked from or supplied to its website. In addition, some Commonwealth of Virginia (COV) state agencies may have policies specific to their agency that augment or supersede this policy. While the VWWP website is intended to provide current and accurate information, neither VWWP nor any of its employees, agents, agencies or officers can warrant the accuracy of information contained on the site and shall not be held liable for any losses caused on the reliance of information provided. Reliance upon information contained on these sites is done at the user’s risk.
Linking to Other Websites
– permission to link to the VWWP website is not required, but such links may not present web pages within frames. In addition, the web page which users link to may change without notice. Sites linking to external web pages should periodically verify those links for accuracy. In the course of providing the best service to the public, the VWWP website may provide links to content not controlled by VWWP. In such cases, the link must meet one of the following criteria:
- Link leads to a site owned by the federal government, a state government or a local government. The extension of the URL (e.g., .org, .com) does not preclude a site from being linked to, as long as the site is under the ownership of one of the entities noted.
- Link leads to a non-profit or non-partisan organization. The extension of the URL (e.g., .org, .com) does not preclude a site from being linked to, as long as the site is under the ownership of the approved entity.
- Link leads to additional information about government services.
- Link leads to a website owned by an entity that has a contractual relationship with the Commonwealth of Virginia.
- No endorsement is intended or made of any link, product, service or information, either by its inclusion or exclusion from the VWWP website. VWWP is not responsible for the content of websites not controlled by it. Use of information obtained from such websites is voluntary and should be independently verified.
- Facebook - The Virginia Wounded Warrior Program (VWWP) provides content to Facebook as a service to the public and site users.
- The site is not intended to provide immediate or timely responses to requests for mental health services.
- These should be directed to local emergency services at the Community Services Boards or by calling #911 or the suicide prevention hotline #1.800.273.8255.
- VWWP is not responsible for, and expressly disclaims all liability for, damages of any kind arising out of use, reference to, or reliance on any information contained within the site and is not responsible for technical issues on Facebook. Although VWWP’s Facebook site may include links providing direct access to other Internet resources, including external websites from VWWP to third-party sites, it does not constitute an endorsement by VWWP for their parties, or their products and services.
- The appearance of advertisements, product and/or service information does not constitute an endorsement by VWWP, and VWWP has not investigated the claims made by any advertiser. Product information is based solely on material received from suppliers.
Privacy – personal privacy of individuals visiting the VWWP website shall be maintained, and personal information shall not be recorded, unless individuals choose to provide it. However, VWWP does gather and store certain information about individuals’ visits to the website automatically, but not personally identifying information. This information shall be limited to:
- The IP address (a number automatically assigned to users’ computers in order to browse the web) and Internet domain (e.g., "company.com" for commercial organizations; or "school.edu" for schools and universities);
- The type of browser and operating system used to access the VWW website;
- The date and time the VWWP website was accessed;
- The pages visited; and
- If the VWWP website was accessed through a link from another website, the address of that website.