This Conference has been developed in response to needs expressed by cochlear implant and hearing aid
users in Virginia as well as individuals considering a cochlear implant for themselves or a family member.
People with hearing loss will be able to meet and interact with each other and also discuss coping skills
for adapting their lives for better communication.
Surgeon Brad Kesser, M.D. will present an overview of cochlear implants, tinnitus, and vertigo which we each
might face in our daily lives.
- Tammy Dewitt will discuss drugs that cause hearing loss.
- Christine Eubanks will lead a panel of Cochlear Implant Users as they discuss their personal experiences, strategies, successes, and concerns.
- Geoff Plant will address rehabilitation and strategies for better listening skills in using individual technology.
- Richard McKinley will discuss induction loops and the looping of America for better communication through the use of telecoils.
- Representatives from different companies will be available during breaks to answer questions.